Well, I'm biased towards this game, but I'd recommend Tribes2.  If
you've never played it, you should.  It's simply the best team-based
online multiplayer game I've ever seen.  The windows versions are
selling for approx $15, but the Linux port is still original price I
think $39(?).  I actually bought both versions and still feel like I
ripped someone off.  You'll need a speedy system for this (NVidia is
essential).

Mark