There are ways to make your own custom livecd for gentoo, although the
documentation seems to be pretty slim atm.  There are various threads on
http://forums.gentoo.org

There is also a livecd-ng ebuild, that is supposed to do what you ask, but
again, I hear the documentation etc is pretty slim.    Try this thread
http://forums.gentoo.org/viewtopic.php?t=21327&highlight=livecdng and also
do a search for livecd-ng on the forums, for other threads like it.

kev