> I've got multiple NIC's in the box (one for each port, to
> each room in the house). However, that leaves me one
> short to connect the cable modem.  I  connected it via
> USB and using the CDCEther driver (as a module) I do
> see the following in my dmesg log...

emmm....A generally less expensive,

Not quite... I've got the box, the hard drive, the network cards and USB cables laying around... So this is free (if I can get it working). Not to mention the fact that right now I'm not allowed to buy any more toys for the house. (Spousal ultimatium)

and easier solution to using 4 ethernet cards would be to
use a hub or a switch

True... But I really need two hubs/switches for my ideal configuration (one at each end of the house) I have one 10/100 hub, but then the only other ones I have are 10baseT only. Plus this is intended as a learning experience and the hardware is free...

So that returns to my original question... are there any resources on how to connect the Motorola Surfboard 4100 via USB using the CDCEther USB driver... (or via any other USB driver)

Thanks again!

Matt