On Sun, 30 Mar 2003 20:05:54 -0700
Collins Richey <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Do you hve the correct info for your scanner in /etc/modules.autoload?
>
> Mine (a different scanner) looks like this
>
>  scanner vendor=0x04b8 product=0x011e

I have mine built into the kernel.  So that's not the problem.  The
problem is figuring out what sane back end is applicable(as the plustek
one seems useless) or how exactly to config sane for a usb scanner with
built in support in the kernel.  My dmesg output has this in it:

usb.c: registered new driver usbscanner
scanner.c: 0.4.11:USB Scanner Driver

I also get this trying to find the scanner:

# sane-find-scanner

  # No SCSI scanners found. If you expected something different, make
sure that
  # you have loaded a SCSI driver for your SCSI adapter.

found USB scanner (vendor=0x03f0, product=0x0901) at /dev/usb/scanner0
  # Your USB scanner was detected. It may or may not be supported by

then doing "scanimage -L" returns nothing it just hangs or if I shorten
the list of dll.conf it says not found.(shorten it as in the only
entries are "hp" and "plustek".  My scanner is in /dev/usb/scanner0 so I
tried altering files for that.  Next step is tomorrow I'll go through
each backend one by one altering the device for the usb ones to aim at
mine.  Then seeing if it finally finds it.

--

Susie
VE7 HFA