begin  quote
On Mon, 31 Mar 2003 21:00:03 +0200
Ervin Németh <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Jonathan Nichols wrote:
>
> > Not too far fetched at all. Check out pkg-get on sunfreeware.com -
> > it's quite handy :)
>
> Thank you the info but I knew this tool already.
>
> We don't need the automatism of adding new packages, we need the info
> "how was it configured and built".  And as a side-effect it could also
>
> make easier to upgrade to a new version of the software.
>
> We could use simple text files or shell scripts.  We feel qualified
> enogh to write our own rpm spec files or portage ebuild scripts.
> These have just too many nice features to ignore them.

well if thats the case I dont think its that far-fetched.  There might
be some issues with how the base-system is installed (I've never worked
on solaris so I dont know) and device nodes, but it shouldnt be overly
hard..

otherways, have you looked at OpenPKG??    That might also be something
to look at, it was promising when I switched to Gentoo at least ;-)

//Spider

--
begin  .signature
This is a .signature virus! Please copy me into your .signature!