Chris I wrote:
Alec Berryman wrote:
I've recompiled modutils while booted into the mm-sources kernel, and
have run "make modules && make modules_install". What have I missed? Oh, and I guess the other question - does anyone have the NVIDIA drivers
running under mm-sources, or am I wasting my time?

Also: I have nvidia drivers working fine with 2.5, however I have not tried the latest nvidia drivers, but have heard both good and bad about them on both 2.4 and 2.5 kernels.

Alright, just to recap what some others on the list are seeing. I tried these out on an mm-sources-2.5.66-r1 kernel. I couldnt get them to work at all.

However, I decided to rsync and try again, and sure enough there was already an ebuild revision for the nvidia-kernel module. The changelog specified that they were "2.5.66?" kernel fixes in this revision. I am using these right now without any noticable problems.

glxgears appears to work about the same, I will have to test tuxracer and quake some other time, however, as I have some school to catch up on.

Hope you got things sorted out, Alec,

-Chris I