Hi Timo,

On April 3, 2003 10:09 am, Timo Boettcher wrote:
> Hi!
>
>   In the last GWN
>   http://www.gentoo.org/news/en/gwn/20030401-newsletter.xml#doc_chap8
>   there was something on how to sync the local clock using rdate.
>   Whats the difference to using ntpdate?

In my understanding ntpdate is now deprecated in favor of being rolled into
ntpd itself.  So it should really not be used anymore.

Also, in my understanding, rdate is a one time thing when you execute it.  And
must be put into a cron job to constantly keep your clock accurate. Whereas
ntpd is a daemon that can be started and kept running.  Doing the work of
keeping your clock accurate automatically as it interogates time servers for
you.

Hope that helps.

Carlos
www.internetsuccess.ca