Hello Dave,
Thanks for your innovative reply.
When tryin to kill X with ctl+alt+backspace this did not work.
Do I need to set this key combo somewhere?
I just used exit but if you could direct me to how I might set this up it
would be greatly appreciated.
The values taken from the logs were in an unusual
format(res,htiming,vtiming).  Yet when looking at the expected format
theres 4 values for each timing, a dotclock value and flags.
Any and all help is appreciated,
Jesse.
P.S.  Man! I hate crawling under desks! :)