Hi Bram,

On April 4, 2003 06:59 am, DE SMET Bram (BDSR) wrote:
[snipped]
> This is a know 'bug' that has been around for many years in the Linux
> community.

I didn't know that this elitest attitude had been around for so many years in
the Linux community.   Hmm...interesting.

I have only recently plunged into Linux and that is one of the first
impressions I have been left with when discussing Linux quirks with those
more experienced than me.

> As long as we don't get stuck because of a certain sence of being a "hard
> core linux distro".
> I do NOT want this project to bleed to death over such elite feeling.

I'll second that :).

One other thing if I might comment on it.  The term "idiot" when referring to
users.  I know it's in quotations and all that but all of us are "idiots" in
things that we do not have experience in.  Might be good to keep that in mind
and use a different term to convey a more open and friendly congeniality.

If one is inclined to want to present Gentoo in the best light of course.
Otherwise I guess in one sense, it doesn't matter what term we give to
inexperienced users..

Carlos
www.internetsuccess.ca