On Thursday 05 June 2003 18:52, Chris Bare wrote:
> > --Boundary-02=_dX33+ZQii2HZ2Fm

> > > yes.
> >
> > could you post your fstab and fdisk output, also the output of mount from
> > t= he=20
> > livecd with it mounted?
>
> /etc/fstab from the root I can't mount:
>
> /dev/hd1                /boot           ext2            noauto,noatime  1 1
> /dev/hd3                /               reiserfs        noatime         0 0
> /dev/hd2                none            swap            sw              0 0
> /dev/cdroms/cdrom0      /mnt/cdrom      iso9660         noauto,ro
>     0 0 proc            /proc           proc            defaults
>     0 0 tmpfs           /dev/shm        tmpfs           defaults
>     0 0
>

> fdisk p
>    Device Boot    Start       End    Blocks   Id  System
> /dev/hda1   *         1        13    104422   83  Linux
> /dev/hda2            14       138   1004062+  82  Linux swap
> /dev/hda3           139      4982  38909430   83  Linux
>
> mount (from within the chrooted environment on the livecd)
> rootfs on / type rootfs (rw)
> tmpfs on / type tmpfs (rw)
> devfs on /dev type devfs (rw)
> /newroot/dev/cdroms/cdrom0 on /mnt/cdrom type iso9660 (ro)
> /dev/cloop on /mnt/cloop type ext2 (ro)
> proc on /proc type proc (rw)
> tmpfs on /mnt/.init.d type tmpfs (rw)
> tmpfs on /dev/shm type tmpfs (rw)
> usbdevfs on /proc/bus/usb type usbdevfs (rw)
> /dev/hda3 on / type reiserfs (rw)
> /dev/hda1 on /boot type ext2 (rw)
> proc on /proc type proc (rw)
>

> Thanks for your help.

Try a:
~#  grep REISERFS /usr/src/linux/.config

CONFIG_REISERFS_FS=y
# CONFIG_REISERFS_CHECK is not set
# CONFIG_REISERFS_PROC_INFO is not set

you should see the first line =y ?  does yours match.  If it does then try
this:

cd /usr/src/linux
mv .config /
make mrproper
mv /.config .
make dep bzImage modules modules_install
mount /boot
cp arch/i386/boot/bzImage /boot

and reboot

--
Tom Wesley
Please encrypt personal replies if possible.