Did you go to /etc/conf.d and edit the net script, then do rc-update add net.eth0 default?

On Thu, 5 Jun 2003 22:22:33 +0200
 Patrick Börjesson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
There is: /etc/init.d/net.eth0
(or maybe even .eth1 if you have several NICs)

Do this:
rc-update add net.eth0 default

Those scripts does _not_ provide net (not mine anyway). The line
"provide net" should be present in depend() in those scripts if it did,
which it isn't. I'm almost 100% sure I've always updated those script
when etc-update asked me to as I don't manually edit
/etc/init.d/net.ethX, only /etc/conf.d/net. Could you check yours just
to be sure?

Patrick Börjesson

--
Public key id: 4C5AB0BF