> On Sat, 2003-06-07 at 02:53, Matthias F. Brandstetter wrote:
> > Hi all,
> >
> > I am searching for a *lightweight* C IDE, but not only an editor with
> > syntax highlighting. Isn't there a nice tool with editor, compiler-
> > and debugger-interface, C function help etc., but not as bombastic as
> > KDevelop (only want to write some console and daemon C apps)?
> >
> > I would prefer a KDE app, but all others are welcome as well.
> > Greetings, Matthias
>
> You could look to Source Navigator + Data Display Debugger.
> The first one lets you organize your sources, the second is a frontend
> for gdb. You could probably setup SN to call Emacs as and DDD when you
> need them. Maybe it's not as integrated as you desire, but they're very
> lightweight and powerful.
>
> emerge emacs snavigator ddd
>
> --
> Arturo di Gioia <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

I have to agree with Arturo on this one.  If you want to go even lighter
than that I'd dump ddd and snavigator and just use emacs.  You will need
gdb for debugging and I find emacs gud interface to gdb very functional
after you take a few minutes fiddling with it.  As far as organizing your
source I would just put together a make file for each particular project
and run a M-x compile.  Also remember, C-h m this is your friend as it
will give you a list of all the key-bindings for the particular mode you
are in... i.e. C mode, gud mode etc.

Cheers,

Jason