ARGGGH!

I managed to stuff 2 of my drives (hda, it had windows 98 on it)
installing grub, and then the hdc (old sourcemage distro install) drive
started complaining that it was going to die soon, so I went out and
bought a 60 gb drive for $60 (ya gotta love a rebate!) to replace the
drive that's going bad.

Since I can still read the win98 drive even if it won't boot,and I
haven't used windows in ages, I am just going to swap it to the hdc slot
in case I need the data on it and put the new drive in hda and install
gentoo on that, then partition the hdb(current gentoo) drive to handle
/var and possibly/home.

The new drive is a 7200 rpm and the current gentoo drive is a 5400 rpm,
both are ata 100's. I can chroot from the working gentoo to install the
on the new drive, from what I read in the doc's, so that shouldn't be a
problem. I have my grub diskette and a rescue cd ready to go.

The question I have is, has anyone else done this and what problems
might be possible or any suggestions available?

Thanks!

--
Take your Senator to lunch this week.