The first link that came up in google said that usb_perms is outdated and no
longer developed because hotplug has taken it's place.

So I decided to try getting hotplug to work with the camera and allow me
access to the USB port. I haven't been successful so far so I'll probably
write the authors of usb_perms and see if they have an idea.

Robert