If this has been discussed before, please accept my appologies. I emerged nvidia-glx and nvidia-kernel on my gentoo-1.4-rc4 system. My vid card is a Riva TNT2 model 64 PCI card. With the nvidia driver loaded, X starts with a large green box on the screen. I can just barely see an xterm widow behind this green box. When I exit X, this colored box remains on the console.

I have gone through the documentation that came with nvidia-kernel and nvidia-glx, and I have also looked through the discussion forums on gentoo's site. I would be most grateful if someone could tell me how to get around this problem. Thanks

rk