Meka's suggestion didn't work (thanks anyway, Meka) and I used lsmod but none of the modules seemed like they were linked to my ethernet card. So, I'm just gonna boot from the cd and chroot to my root partition, then emerge X-Windows. Hopefully I'll be able to clear up the problem when I boot with a GUI. But if anyone has any other ideas, please don't hesitate to suggest them.

- Lukas Fried