"Gëzim" Hoxha <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> Hi,

Hello,

> asking if someone knows a way to tell gentoo ´´Store my settings for
> your programs in /home/mysuername/gentoo´´ and likewise for debian

The easiest way i can think of to do this is to change your homedir
(this is in /etc/passwd, IIRC) both on your debian and gentoo systems.

You may then end up eg. with /home/user-gentoo and /home/user-debian.

In addition, you should create a /home/user-gentoo/my_real_workspace
and a /home/user-debian/my_link_to_the_real_workspace to make all this
smoother :)

Well, as a matter of fact, i can think of another great solution :
just *only* use gentoo :)

hope this helps.
--
Pierre-François Gomez <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
GnuPG : 0xA38AE42C