Michael Gruetzner wrote:
Will an emerge -e world solve this problem(Iguess it will, but I'm not

This recompiles all packages with current settings and compiler. It is generally a good idea if you intend to stay with the current version of compiler for some time to come. If you are upgrading from 2.x to 3.x then emerge -e world is *essential*.

sure...)? What can I do if emerge -e world fails at some point? Will my system still work in that case?

If a package fails remedy the problem and do 'emerge --resume' and that will carry on from previous failed package.