On Fri, Jun 13, 2003 at 01:42:03PM -0400, Rev. Jeffrey Paul wrote:
> On Fri, 13 Jun 2003, MAL wrote:
> > Wouldn't
> > screen -d -RR
> > be more suited?
>
> From the manpage:
>
>    -d -R   Reattach a session and if necessary detach or even create it first.
>
>    -d -RR  Reattach  a  session  and if necessary detach or create it. Use the first
> session if
>            more than one session is available.
>
> I don't like running more than one screen per userid per machine at any
> given time.  You may be confusing "sessions" with "windows".
>
> > Also, what happens in this curcumstance if you open multiple X terminals?
>
> Then it closes the other one.  The whole point of integrating screen so
> closely is so that you don't -need- more than one xterm or console
> session.
>
> Besides, running X is for wankers.

Disagree on that last point, but this tip is cool as hell! Now my screen
session follows me arroun :). I don't even have to detach manually! I'm
starting new aterms now just to watch the previous ones close and the
new ones pop up with the screen session :).

--
Tactless

"If it wasn't for fog, the world would run at a really crappy framerate."
This is a .signature virus! Please copy me into your .signature.