On Sunday 15 June 2003 10:23 pm, Chris I wrote:
> On 2003.06.16 00:08, Klaus D. Neumann wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I did:
> > ACCEPT_KEYWORDS="~x86" emerge -pv evolution
> >
> > and got:
> >
> > These are the packages that I would merge, in order:
> >
> > Calculating dependencies ...done!
> > [ebuild   R  ] net-mail/evolution-1.2.4  +ssl +nls +mozilla -ldap -
> > doc
> > +spell
> > -pda -ipv6 -kerberos +kde
>
> Okay.
>
> > Then I added +ssl +nls +mozilla -ldap -doc +spell -pda -ipv6 -
> > kerberos
> > +kde to
> > my USE in /etc/make.conf
>
> Why did you do this???

I was under the impression that I'd have to. Well, apparently I was wrong. How
do I figure out which USE variables are required for any given program to
emerge?

> > then I emerged evolution with:
> > ACCEPT_KEYWORDS="~x86" emerge evolution
> >
> > It installed fine but when I try to run it, it just shows the splash
> > screen,
> > nothing else.
> >
> > What did I do wrong?
>
> Did you have a previous version of evolution set up for your user?

No. I nerver succeeded installing a functioning version.

> it
> might be some conflicting setting in your ~/evolution directory. try
> moving it to evolution.backup and seeing if evo runs then.

Same thing. Just the splash appears, and it has to be killed to remove it.
Closing doesn't work either.

BTW, galeon doesn't start either. Is there a connection?

--
Best regards,
Klaus