You don't have to. The ebuild will include whatever is needs no matter what your USE flag is. The Use flag is for adding optional build features. For example, if a app can be built with gnome but doesn't have to and you have -gnome the gnome features are not included in the build. If you put gnome then the gnome features will be built in. If the app MUST have gnome it builds with it no matter what your use flags.

On Sun, 15 Jun 2003 22:54:31 -0700