I've a problem using ssh's X11 forwarding under gentoo-1.4rc2. The service works, but if you start an ssh session say with:

# ssh hex /usr/local/mozilla/mozilla &

The app opens fine, but ocassionally (and annoyingly!) the job becomes stopped and the app will hang. Sometimes hitting bg will sort the problem, others it's necessarry to do a fg and hit a couple of carriage-returns to unblock the app.

This happens with all the gui apps I've tried. I'm using gnome-terminal 2.2.1, bash 2.05b.0(1), OpenSSH_3.6.1p2 all on a pretty much stock 2.4.20-gentoo kernel.

Am I doing something dumb here?

Cheers

Bryn