Stroller wrote:
On 16/6/03 1:01 pm, "Zack Gilburd" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Can we have a bit more context please? I have no idea where this thread came from!

I've noticed that on your posts to the GUML, you advertise your want to be
employed;

Gizza job, mister..!

>... However, I do not think
it would be wise to advertise yourself as a sysadmin, then post to a ML with
your root address.

Pardon..?

[snip]

Erm... but, of course, I do. I rather assumed that would be obvious.

Not if the account appears to be named 'root' - there's so many CVs in the pile these days it's just too easy to bin it on little things like that.

I know it's a bad assumption but it's probably one I'd make just because of how it *looks*!

It's not really THAT seemingly, Sir:

  [silva:~] stroller% host stellar.eclipse.co.uk
  stellar.eclipse.co.uk mail is handled (pri=10) by mx1.ex.eclipse.net.uk
  stellar.eclipse.co.uk mail is handled (pri=20) by mx2.ex.eclipse.net.uk
  [silva:~] stroller% nslookup stellar.eclipse.co.uk
  Server:  gentoo.lan
  Address:  192.168.1.43

  *** No address (A) records available for stellar.eclipse.co.uk
  [silva:~] stroller%

As you can see, stellar.eclipse is virtually hosted. Is it really a risk for
me to post using this address..?

If I worked in Human Resources I'd never have got past 'Sir'. ;-)

Cheers

Bryn