On Mon, 16 Jun 2003, Gëzim Hoxha wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I want to be able to see different colours for
> different file types when I type ¨ls¨ in Konsole
> without having to do ls --colors in order to get that.
>

> And is it possible to link a file (e.g. /bin/galeon)
> to another file with a flag (e.g. /bin/mozilla -n), so
> then when I type "galeon" it's like typing "mozilla -n".
>
> Note: those examples were just something crazy, so
> don´t worry about them being logically correct.

i just use an alias in my ~/.bashrc file.  this is pretty much something i
ripped off from my redhat days:

        # colours for ls
        eval `dircolors -b /etc/DIR_COLORS`
        alias ls="ls --color=tty"
        alias ll="ls -l"
        alias la="ls -la"
        alias lh="ls -lh"
        alias lx="ls -lX"

only the first alias is nessecary, but the rest are kinda handy.  as for the
galeon > mozilla issue, you can do another alias for that:

        alias galeon="mozilla -n"

it's also handy for ssh stuff:

        alias phonehome="ssh [EMAIL PROTECTED]"
        alias phonebuddy="ssh [EMAIL PROTECTED]"

etc. etc.

--
corporation, n.
an ingenious device for obtaining individual profit