Am Mittwoch, 18. Juni 2003 22:18 schrieb ext Joe:
> Hello,
>
>     I'm in the process of planning my Gentoo Linux install, and I was
> wondering if anyone had some input on setting up the partitions?  I have
> 2 drives, one 15Gb and a 40Gb drive.  I will be running an ftp server on
> this box, and using it for miscellaneous other tasks.  If anyone can
> give any insight or maybe how you have set up your partitions I would
> appreciate it!  Thanks!
Since the Gentoo Installation CD comes with EVMS, I'd create 3 partitions:
One of about 50M for /boot on the first disk, the second with the rest of
the first disk and the last using the second disk completely. Then use EVMS
to put the two large partitions into on storage region and create logical
volumes in this region as you like (even for swap).

HTH...

        Dirk
--
Dirk Heinrichs          | Tel:  +49 (0)151 1513 6954
Configuration Manager   | Fax:  +49 (0)211 47068 111