On Fri, 20 Jun 2003 17:53:25 -0700
Michael Wenk <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> On Friday 20 June 2003 03:43 pm, Jamie Dobbs wrote:
> > Have downloaded the Linux binaries, copied over the relevant windows
> > files and when try to run nwn I get this error:
> >
> > ./nwn
> > mcop warning: user defined signal handler found for SIG_PIPE,
> > overriding mcop warning: user defined signal handler found for
> > SIG_PIPE, overriding Fatal signal: Segmentation Fault (SDL Parachute
> > Deployed)
> >
> > Can anyone suggest what might be wrong?

It's a problem with the SDL libraries if I remember right. check
the depends for frozenbubble (which uses the same libraries) if you
don't have it emerged already. Also check the bioware site forums. I use
a script to play the beta:

#!/bin/bash
# sets up env for nwn mouse accel
export SDL_MOUSE_RELATIVE=0
cd /home/nealbirch/nwn
./nwn

because it sets up the SDL right. Had a few mouse problems. More info on
SDL variables can be found at http://www.iceblink.org/sdl-env-vars

-
So little time, so little to do.
                -- Oscar Levant