IIRC, I solved the problem you have with setting some env variable to correct
value. Its name was something like AUTOCONF_VERSION=xxxx -- I don't remember
correctly.

I recall that when I got the error you are talking about, I was able (don't
actually remember how) to dig out that that variable should be set to correct
autoconf version (which kdevelop needs). After I set it, all worked great w/o
any reemerging of autoconf/automake. If I'm correct, you already have several
versions of autoconf installed (at least I have), you only need to specify
which one you wish to use.

I hope that anyone can give a hint of what correct name of that env variable
is, cause I cant remember it right now.

HTH,
Dmitry.