On Tuesday 24 June 2003 10:09 am, Dmitry Suzdalev wrote:
> On Tuesday 24 June 2003 18:57, Lars Juel Nielsen wrote:
> > now you mention it, that sounds about right, haven't tried it myuself
> > but seem to recall reading it once when i used mandrake.
>
> So all we can do for now is to wait until someone experienced will tell us
> the correct name of this environment variable :).

If you havn't already blown away your /usr/bin/autoconf file you can just set
the environment variable WANT_AUTOCONF_2_5=1 to use the 2.57 version or set
it to WANT_AUTOCONF_2_1=1 to use the 2.13 version.   For more info, just open
the file /usr/bin/autoconf and check out what it does.  It is just a shell
script that tries to determine the version of autoconf is needed and then
call the appropriate version.  The same magic is done for automake and
autoheader too, so it might not be a bad idea to get a handle on what is
being done...

Josh