[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
On Tue, Jun 24, 2003 at 09:05:34AM +0200, Einar S. Ids? wrote:

On Tue, 24 Jun 2003 19:01:15 +1200
Tom Eastman <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

I like to have a ' tail -f /var/log/everything/current' running on a
spare terminal, but what would be *really* neat is if I had a program
that would re-colour the output so that messages of interest to me
would stand out.

$ emerge -s tail ...snip... * app-misc/colortail Latest version available: 0.3.0-r3

There is also "swatch" (also in portage).

and grc which can color pretty much everything if you can write the config file for it (by default, there are some config files for diff, gcc, ldap, netsat, proftpd, esperanto, irclog, log, ping and traceroute)