> On Mon, 23 Jun 2003, Peter McCracken wrote:
>
> >And perhaps someone could answer why bottom-posting is
> better, anyway?
> >I'll obey it, if that's etiquette.  But I would have thought
> top posts
> >were easier to read.
>
> I don't think bottom posting is the best way.  In-Line
> posting is most
> often mentioned as the way to go.  You reply to what you are
> reading right

Just thought I'd add my 2cents worth (inline of course, well bottom as I've
cut everything else off).  I think there is a rare reason to top post, and
usually not in this type of venue..  Sometimes you may have a thought that
is slightly related but doesn't fit totally with the thread (perhaps you've
skewed off into lala land a bit) but still somewhat tenously related.

I have in the past top posted, as well as inline when I couldn't find an
appropriate place to put the comment.  But I only ever do that when on
limited lists or personal correspondence..