On Fri, 27 Jun 2003, Jason Gouger wrote:

> Either you passed the kernel the wrong root option, or you didn't
> include reiserfs. I've done that before :) I've also forgotten to
> include devfs. Its either that or I get my grub.conf wrong...its always
> something :)

If you have to mess something up, I advise messing up grub.conf.  At least
that can be fixed on the fly.  Being able to edit boot parameters has
saved me several times now.

I've since copied Debian's update-grub script and edited it for a Gentoo
system.  It's nifty.  Copy the kernel to /boot, run update-grub, and it
updates your grub.conf.  It uses the same parameters for all kernels
(though it does provide alternates), so I can see situations in which it
wouldn't quite do the trick.

--
Marshal Newrock, Simon's Rock College of Bard
Caution: product may be hot after heating