I explored the ICC package from intel a while back. It's nice compiler. It
generated much smaller executables than gcc ever hopes to... sometimes ICC even
made faster executables than gcc... but it wasn't really worth the aggravation
getting ICC to fit into the linux platform. There is no total, painless
conversion to ICC that I know of. I was never able to get a kernel compiled
with it...

If someone was to write a seamless wrapper for it, that translated gcc commands
to icc ones, there may still be a legitimate use for ICC on linux.

Until then, it's a curiosity.