No. If I remember correctly, I merged OO, then under my user had to run another install to setup the user. As my user I ran the setup in the openoffice/bin directory. OO is under /opt if you installed in the default location - IIRC.

What you did was run oowriter which trys to start the office writer but nothing is setup in your home yet.
On Tue, 1 Jul 2003 07:42:40 +0000