On Tue, 2003-07-01 at 20:13, Miguel M. wrote:
Sup everyone!

So far, I have tryed to installed Gentoo on a 2nd hdd
i have 2 times. Needless to say, its on /dev/hdb. Ok
well i the /boot in /dev/hdb1. When i setup lilo, it-
said something about there being problems cause its
the 2nd hard drive. Then i noticed that my bios gives
me a choice at boot up to... boot... into either hard
drive.

If i choose the first one, win xp comes up fine.
choose the 2nd one... and for some reason grub comes
up at the command line. no choice to boot into gentoo
or nothing. all i can do is reboot. And i dont
remember "emerge grub" happening.

Make a long story short. Is it possible to do what Im
trying to do b4 i got at it for a 3rd time from stage
1? thanks for your time. really appreciate it.

When you boot of the primary hard-drive into XP, do you get the LILO boot screen or is it the standard Windows XP one? Lilo should be installing itself on the boot sector of your hda device... I have one machine that has Windows 2000 on the sda and gentoo on sdb, and it boots either just fine in this fashion...

Steve
--
Steven R. Ringwald <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Asric Consulting Services