I guess all I was looking/hoping for was some sort of FAQ or doc on distcc but I noticed http://distcc.samba.org has the perfect instructions (30 second!). I guess I was just thinking that someone (many people actually) have already done this for building Gentoo systems and that I could 'glean' their knowledge if there was a Gentoo specific faq...

ext Gwendolyn van der Linden wrote:

Man I hope it's not the latter...although with your shifts
it probably
is...on a semi related note, does anyone have any information on
clustering with Gentoo?

Clustering in what sense?

Gentoo has many packages that support clustering in some way or
another: cook, distcc, openldap (slapd/slurpd), jboss, etc.  There is
nothing Gentoo-specific about them as far as I know.

Gwendolyn.