You may find that switching from one database to another (any database)
isn't that easy if you utilize the more 'advanced' features such as
triggers, stored procedures, etc.. Even complicated sub-select queries may
work on one database engine and not another.

You can minimize the pain by choosing a compliant engine, but you still end
up having to rewrite a bit...