> The two most important are:
>
>     1. not but-ugly, like TWM, VTWM, CTWM, and FVWM
>        I care more about functionality, but these are simply
>        depressing to look at.
>     2. keyboard, keyboard, keyboard, keyboard.
>        in my Utopia, _nothing_ should be possible with the
>        mouse or (god forbid) a menu, that is not possible
>        with a configurable shortcut key-binding

ACCEPT_KEYWORDS="~x86" emerge xfce4

it's in a similar style to the CDE, but with the sleekness of GUI of gnome2.
It's also nice, fast, spiffy... and to boot, you can do

ACCEPT_KEYWORDS="~x86" emerge xfwm4-themes

and get some nice looking window decorations.

I'm unsure about the keyboard navigation thing, but I'm assuming that it's
possible.

>     - richard
MIKE
--