Hi All,

I am trying to to install gentoo for last 2 weeks. Here is my latest problem. Last night I did a make mrproper.

Now I get a blank screen while booting but I do get KDE up and running with NO mouse. I use a USB wheel mouse.

In the kernel settings,

input devices

   HID keyboard ----> enabled
   HID mouse     ----> disabled

USB
   Mouse  ----> enabled

I am on

HP ze5185 laptop. It has ATI radeon graphics chip.

I am using an external keyborad and an USB wheel mouse. The KDE was working before with both mouse and keborad. But earlier I have to hit keyboard many times to get it detected while booting.

Can someone tell me the correct kernel configuration for keyborad and USB mouse.

Also what about the blank screen while booting.

Thanks

--
P r a b h a t G u p t a /\/\*