I will try vga=ask

if my wife gives me some time today on the laptop. She is really angry on me for spending 24 hrs on computer :((

downtime null wrote:
i have all 3 of those in my .config and i still get a black screen
when i pass 'vga=791' to the kernel. i can use 'vga=ask' and pick one
and that works fine (but no little tux :( ). i know that these are
really to different modes, but i can't understand why one works and
the other doesn't. i didn't have any problem with mode 791 (0x317)
with my old kernel, but 2.5.73 doesn't seem to like it.