You know that you have to install it?

net-www/netscape-flash is already installed, do I need something else?

Does it show up in Opera's 'Plugins' list (File/Preferences/Plugins)?

If so, verify that 'Enable Plugins' checkbox is checked in Multimedia preferences (File/Preferences/Multimedia).

Did 'net-www/libsflash' get installed?

------------- 8< -----------------------------------
bash-2.05b# emerge -s flash
Searching...
[ Results for search key : flash ]
[ Applications found : 3 ]

*  media-libs/libflash
     Latest version available: 0.4.10-r1
     Latest version installed: 0.4.10-r1
     Size of downloaded files: 172 kB
     Homepage:    http://www.swift-tools.com/Flash/

*  net-www/gplflash
     Latest version available: 0.4.10-r2
     Latest version installed: [ Not Installed ]
     Size of downloaded files: 350 kB
     Homepage:    http://www.swift-tools.com/Flash

*  net-www/netscape-flash
     Latest version available: 6.0.79
     Latest version installed: 6.0.79
     Size of downloaded files: 1,374 kB
     Homepage:    http://www.macromedia.com/
------------- 8< -----------------------------------

Run opera from the command line with 'opera -debugplugin'. When you surf to a flash enabled site, do you get an error message regarding "Failed dendency: libXm.so.2" ??? (This was my problem)

IF SO, install lesstif, a motif clone which includes libXm.so.2 using 'emerge -u x11-libs/lesstif'.

------------- 8< -----------------------------------
bash-2.05b# emerge -s lesstif
Searching...
[ Results for search key : lesstif ]
[ Applications found : 1 ]

*  x11-libs/lesstif
     Latest version available: 0.93.36
     Latest version installed: 0.93.36
     Size of downloaded files: 2,425 kB
     Homepage:    http://www.lesstif.org/

I suspect that this is the real issue. I am going to report a bug pertaining to this, because if I had this problem, everyone else is too ... and there should be a dependency check for Opera AND Flash = install Lesstif in the portage tree.

Let me know if this helps, or I will lose sleep! :)

Bob Burrough
http://www.bobburrough.com