Hi, Timo.

On Thursday 10 July 2003 19:18, Timo Boettcher wrote:
> I can't see how you can have a Gentoo-Machine (thus having Internet)
> and live without ping.

Of course, I have 'ping' :). Actually I never use it :).
I think its being used by some programs, but not by me.
I'm not running neither server nor firewall, my machine is standalon (i.e not
in local network) so I need only basic networking functionality.

> use "qpgk -q packagename" to find out which packages need a given
> package. qpgk is in the package gentoolkit, btw.

Thanks, for some reason I thought about 'qpkg' after I send a letter :).
Sorry.
I'll use it to find answers on my questions :).

Thanks for reply.
Dmitry.
--
Sorry for bad English. My $native_language=$perl;