On 10/7/03 8:35 pm, "Marius Mauch" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> On Thu, 10 Jul 2003 19:23:23 +0100 Stroller wrote:
>
>> Can anyone explain this, please..? I would have expected `USE=-cups
>> emerge ghostscript` not  to install CUPS at all.
>
> Reading the ghostscript ebuild the following line showed up in DEPEND;
> cups? gimp-print : gimp-print-cups"
>
> So if you have +cups it has gimp-print as a dependency and
> gimp-print-cups if not. gimp-print-cups again has cups as a required
> dependency while gimp-print uses the cups useflag. Looks like a wrong
> usage of the cups useflag in ghostscript to me, you should file a bug
> for that if it bothers you.

I should obviously have looked at Bugzilla first. This is bug 19937;
although it has been open sometime, the printing team seem to b aware of it,
& intend to fix.

Stroller.

--
Enjoyed this post? Thanks for reading - please consider employing me!
Technical support / system administration - CV available on request