Hi Tobias,

Am Montag, 7. Juli 2003 16:11 schrieb
[EMAIL PROTECTED]:

[...]

> I read about autospeedstep, and installed it. It compiled well,
> and runs well, and /var/log/speedstep indicates that it changes
> betrwwn powersave and full power, but i don't quite trust it :

speedstep has nothing to do with throttling. Speedstep changes the
cpu clock rate between two frequencies, throttling stops the cpu
for some time by stopping the clock signal at all.
So you may have to look at /proc/cpuinfo, I don't have a speedstep
capable processor, so I cannot check this.

[...]

> The website says I need an ACPI-backport-patch, but when i tried
> to apply it to my gentoo-sources kernel, it seemd to be already
> installed.

Yes, they are.

Kai