On Saturday 12 July 2003 22:49, G�im wrote this in an attempt to be
witty and informative:
> Hi,
> I've got a p100 machine with 16mb ram, I was thinking
> of installing either gentoo or debian [and "try" to
> use it only as a web server]. The reason I kind of
> wanna install debian in it is that it won't have to do
> alot of compiling with debian whereas gentoo lots...
> Which one should I install?
>
> Thanks guys,
> ZiM

1) ONLY send once to the mailing list. Send double again and it's
/dev/null for you.

As for what to install on that slow of a machine? Up to you. Both Debian
and Gentoo are gonna take a while, although admittedly Gentoo will take
longer. I'm going to be installing Gentoo on a P133 with 80MB of RAM as
soon as I can buy a new harddrive.