On Mon, 14 Jul 2003, Dhruba Bandopadhyay wrote:

> Andrei Ivanov wrote:
> >emerge -uDp world
> >
> >These are the packages that I would merge, in order:
> >
> >Calculating world dependencies ...done!
> >[ebuild    U ] app-editors/vim-core-6.2-r1 [6.1-r5]
> >
> >emerge -uD world
> >
> >world updated...
> >
> >emerge -uDp world
> >
> >These are the packages that I would merge, in order:
> >
> >Calculating world dependencies ...done!
> >[ebuild    UD] app-editors/vim-core-6.1-r5 [6.2-r1]
> >

> >What can I do ?
>
> Three options.
>
> (1) File a bug on bugs.gentoo.org.
> (2) Upgrade vim to newer version and inject a stub for older one.
> (2) Do nothing and wait for problem to be resolved in time.

My 2 cents opinion, I can be completely mistaken : The same thing
happens when you emerge cdrtools and emerge grip afterwards. From what
I understand this is not a problem. A package on your system probably
relies an older version of vim, that's why you get this. I wouldn't
worry about it, since it's just an annoying message, but everything
works.

Jonathan