On Wed, 2003-07-16 at 13:42, Daz-Manu wrote:
> Hi Guys/Gals,
>
> I've never try a new kernel and I'd like to do so ... so I downloaded sources of
> Kernel 2.6... compiled it and so on ..., configured it .....
>
> #lilo
> Added Gentoo * <= Using FB
> Added Gentoo.old <= Using FB
> Added Kernel_2.6 <= No FB Configured
>
> When I reboot => OK, Booting Kernel.... and get stuck at this point. I saw a thread
> about that but didn't understood the whole thing ;) (Yes trying to learn)
> I can hear my HDD working but I cannot see anything
>
> I have a GeForceIIMX
>
> Can you help me about that ?
>
> Thx in advance.
>
> Manu

This below what you are having trouble with?

Also, note that you must compile in support for
 * input devices (Input device support->Input devices),
 * the virtual terminal (Character Devices->Virtual terminal),
 * vga_console (Graphics Support->Console...->VGA text console)
 * and the vt_console (Character Devices->Support for console...).
 * Otherwise, you will get the dreaded "Uncompressing the Kernel"
 * error.

btw, "compile in support" means that you need to have these *in* the
kernel and not as modules.

Wouter
--
Wouter Vanwalleghem