On Friday 18 July 2003 20:51, sdesseaux wrote:
> Hi!
>
> Since February, i am happy to work with Gentoo. It's a great!!
> If i write today, it's because i'd like to get involved in the gentoo
> linux development.
> I'm a french programer of 27 years old and a big user of Linux since
> 1998. I think there's so many things to do but i'd like to have advices,
> ideas about how to work on gentoo's development.
>
> Moreover, i've an idea of project but before, i'd like to have your
> point of view. The installation of gentoo is long and a bit hard for
> newbies (most of people says to me that it has taken a long time before
> having a Gentoo which run without any problems). So, in my mind, i think
> it would be a good thing to create a graphical installator (like
> traditionals's linux (mandrake,redhat....) for Gentoo and giving the
> choice of installation (graphical or text mode).
> According to me, it would be a useful tool for Gentoo and for the users.

It's great that you want to get into open source development, but you'll
generally have a hard time finding a "new" idea; though of course they do
happen. The best thing is know what you want to do, in this case a Gentoo
install prog, and then check if there's a project started and, if there is,
see how you can help with that. In this case, there is a project that is
nearing completion that can be accessed at http://glis.sourceforge.net. Good
luck!

Jason