I would definately recommend Mozilla-Firebird. It's very customizable, with tons of themes and many different types of extensions to do a lot of cool things. :-)

Shane Hickey wrote:
Howdy all, I was having problems with Galeon and dependencies on mozilla
< 1.4 and portage wanting to upgrade me to mozilla 1.4.  So, I got off
the merry-go-round and emerge'd galeon-cvs from breakmygentoo.net.  Ugh.

If this is the future of galeon, then I need to find a new browser. After having to run gconf-editor to get my middle-mouse button paste
functionality back, I surfed around to get a feel for the new Galeon. I
don't know if it's just me, but it's slow as all get out.

I had Mozilla up in another window and it would load the same page 5-7
seconds (yes, I said seconds) faster than Galeon.

So, I was wondering if people could recommend some good browsers. I'm
running fluxbox, so I don't need anything fancy. The only reason I was
running Galeon was because I really, really dig the tabs and the google,
freshmeat and dictionary quickstart links (whatever the heck you call
those).

Any tips would be greatly appreciated.