Well for the mouse problem I don't think I have an answer as the wheel
works just fine here. The device I have in XF86Config is /dev/mouse
which is a link to /dev/misc/psaux. As for the speaker to work you have
to enable "Misc"->"PC Speaker Support" in "Input Device Support"
although I don't understand why would you want to enable it. The beeps
get really annoying sometimes :-)
  Hope that helps!