* Thorsten Kampe (2003-07-18 15:48 +0200)
> my Gentoo box acts as a Router for a Windows XP host. On the Gentoo
> box the download rate is about *7,5 kB/s* on the XP host just *3,8
> kB/s*. But: when I use a Cisco router for the Windows host, the
> download is about *7,5 kB/s*.

> So it looks like as the Gentoo router is limiting the bandwidth...
> What can I do to make the full 7-8 kB/s available to the clients?!

> Neither on the Windows nor on the Gentoo host is a firewall or a virus
> scanner running. Kernel is 2.4.20.

For the record: after "updating" the XP box to Gentoo the download
speed is near the theoretic maximum. There is no point in blaming the
XP machine because it had no problems with the CISCO router but
obviously Gentoo and XP didn't work well together when Gentoo was the
masquerading router.

Thorsten